Monday, October 13, 2008

Why ABM and Acupressure?

I am committed to developing partnerships between the ABM Center of San Jose and other modalities in the surrounding community. I need a knowledge of what the other professionals have to offer in order to know when their work might be helpful for my clients, or know what my clients might have experienced with that other work.

I am developing events to host at the ABM Center of San Jose in those fields that will enhance what I have to offer as an ABM practitioner. Some obvious choices are nutrition, homeopathy, acupuncture, visual perception, neurology, etc. I plan to invite guest lecturers from these areas to present at the ABM Center of San Jose.

We’ll be starting with Acupressure.

Dr. Feldenkrais and Anat Baniel have both spoken of Acupuncture supporting the kind of work we do, and my personal experience has confirmed that for me. When working with children many Chinese Medical Professionals prefer to do acupressure at the same points that they would use acupuncture needles in an adult. I have invited Shasta Tierra to present a lecture on Acupressure in Special Needs Children, followed 3 days later by a day of client centered demonstration and discussion. During the demonstration day Shasta will do a full evaluation with 8 children, and teach their families/practitioner how to do the acupressure at home.

Shasta's program will offer the families an opportunity for hands on involvement in their child’s development that will not be in conflict with what we are working to develop with ABM.

For more information please see the preceding post or call 408-246-3953.

Best wishes,
Andrea Bowers

No comments: